1. The biggest sale of the year was the off-market sale of 454 Cuesta Way in Bel Air for $88 million. The hip-hop power couple, Jay-Z and Beyoncé, purchased the newly built mansion in August. The contemporary property includes six structures of 30,000 square feet of living space, four outdoor swimming pools, a media room, spa and wellness facilities, bulletproof windows and pocketing glass walls. Patios and terraces at the compound create an additional 10,000 square feet of outdoor living space with 2 acres of grounds that includes a full basketball court.
5. The 24 acre vacant parcel at 24108 Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu was sold to a developer for $75 million who plans on building six mansions.
6. The off market sale of this Carbon Beach property at 22466 Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu sold for $48 million.
7. The biggest sale ever on the Westside of LA was the 10,000 square foot property at 859 Woodacres Road in Santa Monica overlooking the Riviera Country Club for $41,082,000.
8. The property that was originally designed and built in 1976 by movie mogul Jack Warner at 900 Stradella Road in Bel Air sold in December for $41 million. The blockbuster director/producer, Michael Bay, also once called this property his home. The property that was prominently featured on “Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles” was recently renovated and expanded to 15,000 square feet. The five bedroom and nine bathroom contemporary has a designer-decor kitchen, a wine room, a home theater, a wellness center with a sauna, gym, massage and steam rooms. The home sits on an acre lot that has a vast outdoor living space with an infinity swimming pool and expansive views.
9. The property at 300 Delfern Drive in Holmby Hills sold in April for $40.8 million. The 11 bedroom and 14 bathroom 15,000 square foot Georgian Colonial style home was once owned by Universal-International Pictures President William Goetz. Goetz and his wife used to host Hollywood parties where major stars attended like Cary Grant and Judy Garland.
10. The biggest price ever seen in the “Crest Streets” area was $38.5 million for 1520 Gilcrest Drive in Beverly Hills. The contemporary is known for its dramatic “bommerange” pool.